Armand's Legion was formed on June 25, 1778 at Boston, Massachusetts under the command of Colonel Charles Armand Tuffin for service with the Continental Army. The Legion was recruited primarily from foreign volunteers to the American Revolution. It was reorganized and renamed the 1st Partisan Corps on January 1, 1781. The Legion would see action at the Battle of Camden, Battle of Guilford Court House and the Battle of Yorktown. The Legion was disbanded at York, Pennsylvania on December 25, 1783.