75th Ranger Regiment
The 75th Ranger Regiment, composed of four Ranger battalions, is the premier light-infantry unit of the United States Army. Headquartered at Fort Benning, Ga., the 75th Ranger Regiment's mission is to plan and conduct special missions in support of U.S. policy and objectives.
The four Ranger battalions that comprise the 75th Ranger Regiment are geographically dispersed.
Their locations are:
- lst Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, Hunter Army Airfield, Ga.
- 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, Fort Lewis, Wash.
- 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, Fort Benning, Ga.
- Regimental Special Troops Battalion, Fort Benning, Ga.
The Army maintains the Regiment at a high level of readiness. Each battalion can deploy anywhere in the world with 18 hours notice. Because of the importance the Army places on the 75th Ranger Regiment, it must possess a number of capabilities. These capabilities include:
- Infiltrating by land, sea and air
- Conducting direct action operations
- Conducting raids
- Recovery of personnel and special equipment Conducting conventional or special light-infantry operations
Click here to see a 75th Ranger Regiment Video
Find out more about what it takes to become a U.S. Army Ranger at the Go Army Ranger Site.