The 6th Ranger Training Battalion held the Florida Ranger Camp 60th Anniversary Open House on Saturday May 7, 2011 at Camp James E. Rudder, Eglin, AFB, Florida. Over 100 Florida Ranger Camp Alumni and their families attended from all eras; with over 2,400 guests attending. The event raised $6,000 for the Fisher House of the Emerald Coast and $1,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
· Ranger Tab painting at Aux Field 7 (original site of Florida Ranger Camp from 1951 to 1970)
· 60th Anniversary After Party in the Gator Lounge (for all Alumni, Cadre, and Families)
· 5k/10k Ranger Trail Run & Fitness Challenge
· Alumni Liaisons: Ms. Mara Gigler and 1SG(R) Lou Luna
· 1SG(R) Rick Biondo dedicated his life to 6th RTB, recently inducted as a Distinguished Member of the Brigade, he just retired from his civilian service to 6th RTB.
· 60th Anniversary Commemorative Paddle: hand-made crossed double paddle (made in house by SFC Lopez), all of the alumni signed the paddles, and the group photo we took will be framed and suspended and hung underneath the paddles, then it'll be hung in the Gator Lounge.
· Anniversary Keepsake Book created and distributed to all attending Alumni and every current member of 6th RTB to capture the last 60 years of the Florida Ranger Camp. The cover artwork was done by 1SG(R) Lou Luna.
Military Demonstrations included:
- Snake & Reptile Show
- Rangers Squad Demonstration
- Hand-to-Hand Combat Demonstration
- Down Pilot & Hoist Demonstration
- Parachute and Static Line Jump Demonstration
Games & Events:
- Tomahawk Throw
- Grenade Toss
- Dunk Tank
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Camo Face Painting for the Kids
- Medical Equipment Display
- Dive Team Display
- Boat House Display
- Weapons Display & Shoot